Friday 26 September 2014

Last Summer's Garden Pics

So I came onto this site just yesterday for the first time in ages and posted yesterdays post which was actually on another site - a Kiwi site in fact - but then Doug told me non-kiwis couldn't register on that Kiwi site - hence the repeat of the post here (draws breath). Anyhow I realised how long it was since I had posted here when I found this draft sitting on my post list since December, 2013. Posting it now because I think its pretty, this is my back garden that I am leaving to go to Christchurch. Looking at pictures like this I am not sure how I am going to do it but I must because I have signed a "conditional" offer on this house. I especially like this first picture of this lovely flax bush which I rescued from a neighbours house, she had had her dad pull it out. Love the colour of these flax flowers.


Variegated phornium (NZ Flax) (Harakeke). The bees love these flowers as do the native birds!


Already this apple tree is laden with apples despite the wild northwest winds we have been enduring. Tree is three years old and this will be the first time I will get to taste its apples (touch wood).


Strawberry plants (fruit just beginning to turn red), sage, spuds, chives, silver beet, calendula. And my garden seat.

1 comment:

  1. The flax is lovely in the sun. I am so sorry you have to leave your home.

    ReplyDelete